CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Jack Lucas "Luke" Burks

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Luke's 1st Birthday

On July 30th we had Luke's 1st Birthday party!  It was definitely a party!  It was a swim party at Jamie & Susanne Lindsey's house in Brewer, MS.  We had lots of friends & family show to celebrate this awesome occasion - THANKS!!
Luke's birthday party shirt made by Mimi!
Luke's Birthday Jon Jon also made by Mimi
Luke even had his own personal clown!  I love you Gran Gran and so glad that you are able to enjoy these special moments!

Luke's awesome cake (half vanilla & half chocolate cake) made by the awesome Marina! 
Luke's cake also made by Marina!
The kids really enjoyed playing on the water slide and swimming in the pool.  Aunt Ta (aka Mary Beth - Stephen's sister) took Luke down the slide - or should I say she attempted to take Luke down the slide.  Thanks to Aunt Amy (my twin sister) I got see this attempt through pictures.  They thought it would be okay if they took him down the water slide for his first time while I was putting on dry clothes - really??  Oh well...



After swim time, it was cheese puff time and then cake time.  Cheese puff time and the crown went great.

 And let's just say that this part did NOT go as momma had planned!  Luke did not like his crown...

Even though Luke did not want to eat his cake - he did think it would be funny if I tried some of his cake.  This was the only way I could get him to eat it....  The boy just doesn't know what an awesome cake he is missing, Marina!


After he was calmed down from the cake experience - it was present time!  Thanks everyone for all the gifts - he still hasn't gotten to play with all his new toys!  The "bigger" kids at the party really thought that Luke got some awesome toys!  But of course Luke was the most entertained with all the paper and boxes!


I still can't believe that my baby boy is already 1 year old - he is growing up too fast!  I will post on his 1st haircut hopefully tomorrow!  Thanks for the few faithful followers :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Let me just say that I asked if it was okay to take Luke down the slide, and Amy and Stephen said to go for it. SO not my fault! :)

zerry ht said...

It is such a decent and beautiful birthday party. The cakes are so neat and looks delightful. I am going to save this post and will take ideas from here for my son’s birthday party. I have booked one of the Los Angeles event venues for his birthday party this year.

We Miss You Little Rolo

We Miss You Little Rolo
What a great dog she was - there will never be another dog like sweet little Rolo!

Our Reese's Pieces Peanut Butter Pup!

Our Reese's Pieces Peanut Butter Pup!