CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Jack Lucas "Luke" Burks

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Fenway & Plymouth Rock

Well, Luke got to spend his first vacation in the Boston, MA area.  I had to go to Foxboro, MA for 2 weeks of training for work.  So, since we were not able to go to the beach this summer and I didn't want to be away from Luke for two weeks, Stephen & Luke went as well.  I flew out for Foxboro on Sunday and they flew out on Tuesday from Birmingham.  Luke did very well on both of their flights - he slept the first leg from Birmingham to Baltimore and then ate snacks the last leg from Baltimore to Providence, RI.  I drove to Providence and picked them up, dropped their clothes off at the hotel, and then went to Fenway to watch the Red Sox play!
The Green Monster!


We got to witness history!  They just turned a TRIPLE play - so cool!

There were two couples sitting behind us.  Luke kept flirting with the girls then entire time we were there.  They just thought he was the cutest thing and could not believe how good he was being!  He would stand up and dance (bounce) in my lap when the music was playing and look at the girls to see if they saw him.  He would then just grin at them.  One of husbands used to work in the club house for the Sox's so when he went to get more beer, he went to the club house to get Luke a souvenir from the game - a baseball!  I thought it was extremely nice and cool!

Yes, Stephen and Luke were both in Maroon for the ballgame - Stephen was hoping that Papelbon was going to get to close the game.  Little did we know was that he had pitched in the 1st game that afternoon so we did not get to make an appearance in the game.  Some smarty pants had to make a comment towards us about Luke's Mississippi State shirt - something like "Mississippi State who?"  And then Stephen promptly yells back - "That is where Papelbon played college ball" and then they guy yelled back "Mullen is the Man - You Guys got a good coach."  I thought that was kinda funny!

One afternoon I got out of school at 3:30 so we decided to drive down to Plymouth, MA to visit the Mayflower and see Plymouth Rock.  When we got to the Mayflower (actually Mayflower II), they wanted $10 a person, including for Luke, to able to get on the boat and take pictures.  Well, I was too cheap so we figured we would just walk around the outside and take what pictures we could.


The "wall" they put trying to get you to buy a ticket to see the entire boat.

Stephen and Luke on the pier - such a happy kid!!

Front view of the Mayflower II

Other side of the Mayflower II

Luke & I with the Mayflower II in the back ground.
I was tying to get some picture of Luke with the Mayflower and water in the background but he was not to sure about it - I just wanted to be held.....

Please mommy - hold me ;-(

or just give me my passy and I will be okay.
After the Mayflower, we continued to check out more history.  We saw Plymouth Rock!

Bet the pilgrim were shocked to see a rock with the year they landed on shore - how cool

totally disappointed in the size of this rock!  I was expecting a "big ole rock!"

After we ate supper, we walked along a stone pier and enjoyed the sunset and awesome weather!  Luke had a full tummy and was a happy camper!  The photo session in the rocks was a lot better than the grass!
My favorite picture!  I order a canvas 8x10 from Canvas People online!  LOVE IT!



Luke's "YES" expression!
Well, it is my bedtime - 9:00 pm!  So, I will post more on our Boston trip soon!

1 comment:

Becca said...

Love this post. What a great trip. Love and miss y'all!

We Miss You Little Rolo

We Miss You Little Rolo
What a great dog she was - there will never be another dog like sweet little Rolo!

Our Reese's Pieces Peanut Butter Pup!

Our Reese's Pieces Peanut Butter Pup!