CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Jack Lucas "Luke" Burks

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, February 28, 2011

7 Months Old Already?

Yep, Luke is already 7 months old!  He is really enjoying his sitting up playing with his toys and entertaining himself.  I think that his daddy is enjoying it too - seems like Stephen is playing a lot more XBox360 during day!
The week of February 14th, I had to leave this sweet little face for 8 days to go to training for work in Houston, Texas.  I was not prepared for how hard it was going to be.  But, I only cried one time and that was when I was leaving him at the airport in Tupelo.  Thankfully, I have a wonderful husband and knew he was in great hands.  Stephen took lots of pictures and sent them to me on my Android and I even got to see him in video chat a few times while in Houston.  I think Luke was starting to think I was living inside of the black box (Stephen's cell phone).

I finished with class on Friday and then drove to Dallas - Ft.Worth on Saturday to visit Mary Beth and Michael (Stephen's sister and husband for those of you who don't know her) and their new arrival - Thomas Edward Ketchum.  He arrived on February 11, 2011 at 7 lbs 15 oz and 23.5 inches long (I think those are his right measurements).  He is a sweet little boy and looks just like his daddy!

Luke went for his 6 month check on February 15th.  He was 16 lbs 2 oz and 26 inches long.  The doctor said that all looked good!
Now that he is sitting up and trying to feed himself some, we decided to start giving him some rice mum-yum snacks.  Boy, does he like them!!

He even let Reeses clean off his hands when he got finished - it for sure won't be long till Reeses decides that she likes Luke.  He sure does like her - he squeals when he sees her and his jabber goes up a notch when he is "talking" to her.
Luke is starting to "try" to crawl.  He just can't figure out how to get moving besides spinning in a circle on his tummy!  When he starts to move, he just straightens his legs and tries to push with his tip toes.  It is so cute until he gets frustrated.  Once he figures out to get those knees down and under him, I think he will be off to the races - I don't think I am ready for that yet!  He is growing up too fast!
Well, off to bed!  Will post later about Luke and his cousin Martin!

No comments:

We Miss You Little Rolo

We Miss You Little Rolo
What a great dog she was - there will never be another dog like sweet little Rolo!

Our Reese's Pieces Peanut Butter Pup!

Our Reese's Pieces Peanut Butter Pup!